Financial Controller Limerick Twenty Thirty DAC - 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
About Limerick Twenty Thirty DAC
Limerick Twenty Thirty Strategic Development DAC (the company) requires a Financial Controller as part of its Management Team.
The company is the first, local authority wholly-owned special purpose vehicle company created in Ireland to deliver a city and countywide programme of key strategic investment from Limerick City and County Council.
The company is tasked, in the first instance, with delivering over €500m worth of transformational investment infrastructural projects across Limerick, focusing on key strategic sites capable of recording inward investment and jobs. It currently has seven staff members with a large number of service providers and contractors. More information is available on www.limerick2030.ie
This person will provide all levels of financial support to the organisation. The Financial Controller (FC) will oversee and operate the finance functions of the company and will be the Chief Financial spokesperson for the organisation. The FC will report directly to the CEO and will assist all operating senior managers in strategic and financial matters relating to development activity in addition to Budget Management, Cost Benefit Analyses, Forecasting needs, Security of Funding and all Governance and Secretarial requirements of the organisation for the Board. The FC will carry out all Finance activity in line with Statutory Accounting, Contract Management for all services, Insurances, Legal, Procurement with internal and external audit coming under their remit.
On the closing date for receipt of completed application forms, candidates must:
- Be of good character
- Be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service
- The person should be a Qualified Accountant having worked for at least 8/10 years post qualification being a member of one of the Accountancy Bodies
- This experience should be in the Financial and Management area within an organisation with significant Capital Expenditure Development as well as a high level of set up processes and a significant number of service providers
- Its assumed that timely and regular reporting is the norm and tight deadlines operate
- Staff supervision particularly in the Finance area - a small team initially
- Used to dealing with Stakeholders – internal and external to the organisation
- Familiar with all accounting standards with a hands on approach due to the set up status of the organisation
- Used to dealing with all types of Financial Statements
- An understanding of Governance and local government as it applies to all entities
- Used to dealing with Boards and other members of a Senior Team being responsive to their needs
- Highly proficient on the Microsoft office suite and used to dealing with an integrated ledger system and system development specification
Analogous to Grade 7 salary scale
30 days per annum
Hours of Work
37 hours per week.
An official application form must be completed in full by the closing date for the competition. Please note that amendments to the application form will not be accepted after the closing date.
Completed application forms must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, 14th November, 2017.
Applications will not be accepted through any other method.
Application Formand Briefing Document are available to be downloaded from www.limerick.ie/council/current-job-vacancies Tel: 061 557160
Please send your application from an email address that you will review regularly as communication during the assessment/selection period will only be through that e-mail address.
Limerick Twenty Thirty DAC is an equal opportunitiesemployer